Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
> Haloo!
Hi

> The code is not that hard to follow, just take a look. (Btw. most of the
> code/API was not written by me.) Basically it just connects to D-Bus
> busses and allows further use of libosso functions to abstract some D-
> Bus messaging/signals.
OK. Searching for dbus interfaces etc will probably help here.

>> OK - but do you have a list of things that we should do to make Qt
>> equivalent to
>> gtk?
>
> Gtk does not use Libosso :)

I meant gtk apps need to use osso-initialize() or they just don't work.
Since libosso uses glib, I expect that's not really right for Qt apps.

In particular I think osso-init.c calls glib setups that seem to hook into the
glib context and I think the glib main loop - not used in Qt apps.

eg line 503 in osso-init.c calls dbus_connection_setup_with_g_main()
which:
"Sets the watch and timeout functions of a DBusConnection to integrate the
connection with the GLib main loop. "
see:
http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/api/html/group__DBusGLib.html#ga754eed235cc2b8153bd8f824b687d9e

so libosso, as it stands, isn't suitable for Qt apps .... unless I'm confused :)

>> I seem to recall things like dbus messages on low memory and others. Are
>> these
>> documented?
>
> Check osso-hw.c. Code is still in SVN (login: guest/guest):
> https://stage.maemo.org/svn/maemo/projects/haf/trunk/libosso/src/

Good pointer... yep, things like:
  com.nokia.dsme.signal  shutdown_ind and save_unsaved_data_ind

We don't want Qt apps ignoring these do we?

>> The banner would be nice - but the dbus services listed above don't seem to
>> be
>> correct - and I can't find them using a dbus introspect (qdbusviewer)
>> ie this bit (from original email)
>
> We don't have that in Fremantle.
Currently I'm looking at Diablo...

> We have a new service for starting
> applications in hildon-desktop. You can learn these API things from
> http://www7.connecting.nokia.com/nmp/osso/ossodm.nsf/WebAllByID2/DSD07052-EN
> (currently in Nokia intranet only)
Ah, I don't have that - can you post it?

> As I said, Hildon widgets and Gtk do not use libosso at all (it would be
> quite ugly since libosso depends on D-Bus connections).

agreed - I am not sure how best to proceed with Qt - one of the trolls (I think)
suggested extending QSession.

David

--
"Don't worry, you'll be fine; I saw it work in a cartoon once..."