Hello Faheem,

thank you so much for your detailed "manual" :)

I got xprop from here:

deb http://austinche.name/maemo/ bora/

But libxmuu1 is required for the xprop installation, so I got libxmuu1
from here:

deb http://repository.maemo.org/ chinook free non-free

Now I started xprop via SSH and the StartupWMClass is
"sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer" and I wrote this file:

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Version=1.0
Type=Application
Name=SmartHome GUI
Exec=/home/user/run.sh
StartupWMClass=sun-awt-X11-XFramePeer

When I start my application than I have my application in the
tast/window switcher :)

I ask me why a simple desktop file, which is only a shortcut in my eyes,
brings my application into the task/window switcher although I DO NOT
start my applicaton by clicking on the shortcut... I start my
application by hand in the terminal and it is also in the task/window
switcher :D Can you explain this "feature", please :) ?

Greatings, Martin