Hello,

Ryan Abel wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2009, at 2:58 PM, Marius Vollmer wrote:
>
>> ext Qole <qole.tab...@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> At this point, garage.maemo.org doesn't allow file uploads of the
>>> size
>>> I need (maximum 150MB files there).
>> You could try asking for an exception.  Yours seems like a worthy
>> cause.
>

> Or just raising the limits. We can always beg hardware from Tero
> later. ;)

Guys, the web place of garage projects (ie. the www dir in the version
control's root) is NOT MEANT for debian repositories or 300 megs of
image files. We made exceptions way too many imho by raising the upload
limits, instead of solving the problem and setting up a proper service.
What we need here is a similar infrastructure as extras has: a content
delivery network. There has been a project proposal 2 years ago for "VIP
file sharing". The drafts are still somewhere on garage...

It is a pity we did not make it clear enough that the www place is for
simple, static web pages and nothing else.

> --
> Ryan Abel
> Maemo Community Council member

Br,