On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 19:09 +0300, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> We have always known in the back of our minds that we should separate
> packaging from upstream development, but it was always too much trouble
> without sufficient gain if you are always making 'upstream' and package
> releases at the same time anyway.

The immediate gain to doing things in the standard way is mostly for
others - either maemo-like alternatives such as Mer, or people using
other tools, such as jhbuild.

There's then some indirect gain for you as those other people help test
and patch your code. Of course, I know you know this.

--
murr...@murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com