Hi all,

Just a small question about the location framework, I understand that
the framework will use different backends, in the same sort of way that
GeoClue does (see [1]),  are we allowed to know what backends will be
available?

GPS is in there, what about things like WiFi access point locations
(i.e. the same thing that the iPhone does) and cell tower id numbers?

I'm just wondering how continual the reporting of the location
information will be, and therefore what sorts of cool apps would be
possible. I'd also be interested to know the power hit that using things
like the GPS and communicating data will have on overall battery life.
Not much point having a cool context/location aware app that tracks your
movements if it halves your battery life, etc.

Cheers,

Simon

[1]
http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Maemo_roadmap/Fremantle#Location_framework