Hi,

ext Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am really unsatisfied with bugs.maemo.org. The reason is simple: Just too
> many
> bugs are just closed with WONTFIX which basically means: We understand and
> acknowledge the problem, but we won't spend any time on it.

bugs.maemo.org is only the messenger...

> This would be acceptible if maemo would be a really open plattform and anybody
> could just fix things. But that's not how maemo works and there's such a huge
> number of bugs that never get fixed and the same issues appear ever now and
> then
> again. I e.g. just filed bug 4630 and should have noticed myself that 1504
> was
> the same one filed june 2007. It was never fixed but was just WONFIX'd. And we
> are not just talking about some weird feature. We are actually talking about
> something being documented in the maemo api docs.

I think Andre and you can still try with bug 4630 if it relates to the
Maemo 5 API.

> Why is there a bug reporting system if so many bugs end up with WONTFIX? This
> doesn't make much sense to me.

Again, don't kill the messenger.

Maemo 5 bug handling has been already a lot more efficient than in
previous versions, thanks to people reproducing old bugs in the
Fremantle pre-releases. We expect the good responsiveness to be kept
once Maemo 5 is launched and we get new bugs from Maemo 5 users, getting
the fixes out in new updates.

What we have is a bag of bugs still open affecting mostly Diablo.
Because of many reasons those bugs were not handled in time or there
were no resources to fix them at the time. Now we are cleaning those
bugs week after week and yes, this brings lots of WONTFIX among those
that are not an issue anymore in Fremantle. It's more a consequence of a
past problem than a reflection of a current problem, though.

--
Quim Gil
open source advocate