On mån, 2009-08-24 at 22:12 +0200, ext Cornelius Hald wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 23:07 +0300, David Weinehall wrote:
> > MCE only listens to the system bus, maybe this is your problem?
>
> Unfortunately not, I tried both the system bus and the session bus. On
> both I get the mentioned error. But thanks for the tip :)

Well, everything in your code looks correct (well, you're not doing any
error checking when you call dbus_message_new_method_call(), which means
that you'll miss OOM, but that's unlikely to be the issue here).

I can speculate on three possible issues:

* you're not opening the bus correctly
* mce is not running
* your application doesn't have permission to access the system bus

Without knowing your setup and the rest of your code, I cannot help any
further, I'm afraid :/

Regards: David