On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 14:07, Marius Vollmer<marius.voll...@nokia.com> wrote:
> ext Attila Csipa <ma...@csipa.in.rs> writes:
>
>> And, forgot to ask, is the 1GB size configurable, or is it hardcoded?
>
> It will be hardcoded, but I think it is still negotiable.  The partition
> itself is actually 2 GB, but it is also used for the Meta Tracker
> database and other things.
>
> What about making it 4 GB?  Would that feel big enough?

As it gets bigger, the usable space for a user's music collection gets
smaller (AIUI). If the N900 is advertised as being 32GB, but then a
user finds they can only store 25GB of music, they're going to be
understandably upset.

1-2GB sounds plenty for the typical use case. Large graphics/cut
scenes/additional data for games could be put in
/home/user/MyDocs/.data/_package_. This wouldn't show up in the file
manager, and Tracker shouldn't be indexing stuff in *random*
.something directories (apart from the known i18n'ed ones)

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/