On ons, 2009-09-09 at 16:53 +0200, ext Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik wrote:
> :2009-09-09T17:11:Marius Vollmer:
>
> > "Hamalainen Kimmo (Nokia-D/Helsinki)" <kimmo.hamalai...@nokia.com>
> > writes:
> >
> > > It would not be trivial task, perhaps it's easier to use some network
> > > protocol, or make ext3 support for Windows :)
> >
> > A file-based protocol is the way to go.  With ext3, we would still need
> > to unmount the partition to export it, which isn't nice.
> >

> First time around and not really a dev just a user but:
>
> usbnet + scp as an option(winscp?)?
>
> there is an ext2/3 driver for windows... a few of them at that as well
> so maybe use one of those?

The problem isn't finding a solution for the computer literati, but
rather for "normal" users.  Normal users that doesn't know what scp is.
IMHO we have three options:

- Real VFAT (with all the drawbacks it brings)
- VVFAT
- A separate program (PC Suite, most likely) to do the transfers
(probably leaving Linux and MacOS users out in the cold)

Regards: David