Devs,

        Ok, I have been trying to be a good boy and optify all the items I
have been putting into the fremantle extras.  Up to now they have been
standalone libraries and the build bots have done their job and optified the
package (and then I've been able to install them in my sdk properly).

        However, I have finally submitted a library which depends on two
other libraries that I did and optified.  Well when it did the depends step
to pull all the libraries; this is the output:

---
Try to install static depends: libcurl3 libcurl3-dev libicu42 libicu42-dev
clucene-core clucene-core-dev zlib1g-dev python2.5 python2.5-dev
[2009-10-21 12:30:46] fakeroot apt-get -y -q -o
APT::Get::AllowUnauthenticated=1 install --no-remove libcurl3 libcurl3-dev
libicu42 libicu42-dev clucene-core clucene-core-dev zlib1g-dev python2.5
python2.5-dev </dev/null
....  (My depends are listed properly) ....
Unpacking libssl0.9.8 (from .../libssl0.9.8_0.9.8g-15maemo4+0m5_armel.deb)
Selecting previously deselected package libreadline4.
Unpacking libreadline4 (from .../libreadline4_4.3-10.1+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Selecting previously deselected package clucene-core.
Unpacking clucene-core (from .../clucene-core_0.9.21b-0maemo1_armel.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/clucene-core_0.9.21b-0maemo1_armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/opt', which is also in package base-files
                      ^^^^
Uhm, this is not good.   Each of my "optified" packages throws this error.
That kinda makes optifing the libraries a pointless exercise if I can't use
them later in the buildbot.  And Lib-icu is about 16 MEGS of libraries, so I
would think it would be a great canidate for optification.     Do I need to
resubmit everything w/o optification, or are the build bots broken?

The packages that I have optified has depends on maemo-optify and has
"maemo-optify" as the step between (dh_gencontrol and dh_md5sums).

dh_gencontrol
maemo-optify
dh_md5sums

What do I need to do to solve this issue?   I have no issues resubmitting
the packages I have done again to test things, but I would rather have a
"known" way to make it work since Lib-icu is a 2.5 hour (yes, 2 hours 30
minutes) build process on the builders; so if I would prefer not to have to
tie up a buildbot for that length of time again until we have a known
working solution.

Nathan.