2009/10/22 Luca Donaggio <donag...@gmail.com>:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 1:03 PM, Cornelius Hald <h...@icandy.de> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 2009-10-17 at 11:58 +0100, Aniello Del Sorbo wrote:
>> >
>> > My program doesn't ask anything when you close it, but it keeps
>> > automatically saving the document in
>> > a temporary file. Thus at every start it loads it up and you're back
>> > where you left.
>> > So I thought I would call the screenshot function at the very end,
>> > while closing down the program.
>> >
>> > It didn't work. It didn't save the screenshot of what was there.
>> >
>> > So I call it when I receive the expose event (like in the example) and
>> > it does work there.
>> > Why is that?
>> >
>> > I still have to investigate it, but I thought the window would be
>> > still available in my Quit function
>> > when called from the destroy event.
>>
>> I'm also calling it when quitting the application. I'm using the
>> 'delete-event' on my main window. There I call it just before
>> gtk_main_quit(). It's working for me...
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Conny

> I'm resuming an old thread, sorry!
>
> If I call hildon_gtk_window_take_screenshot() within the callback function
> for the delete-event of the main app, just before gtk_main_quit(), it seems
> that something has already happened to the main window: it complains that it
> is not a GtkWindow (which usually is, as HildonWindow derives from it), but
> a GdkWindow, and, of course, no screenshot were taken.
>
> Luca Donaggio

I am doing the same and works, but then I was thinking that's it's
probably best doing at the
beginning, with a clean UI.

I thought that doing it at the end, before closing it, would then fake
a reload of the app in the state
it was left when closing it.

But this has an issue, which I think deserves thoughts:

1) to really speed up things you should take the screenshot only once.
2) if you do it at the end, before closing, for the reason above, then
you've got to take the screenshot
at every exit. This slows down the exit itself. And this is as much of
an issue as the startup speed.

Thus I thought I'll take the screenshot at the expose event and only
take it if the file is not there already.

--
anidel
Sent from London, Eng, United Kingdom