On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Ed Bartosh <bart...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/10/26 Luca Donaggio <donag...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I've succesfully built a new version of my packages and optified them,
> but
> > now if I try to install them in the SDK to see if they works as expected
> > before pushing them to extras-testing, all I've got is:
> >
> > dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/blablabla.deb (--unpack):
> >  trying to overwrite `/opt', which is also in package base-files
> > dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
> >
> > I've made through all the steps related to /opt in the SDK when I
> installed
> > the final version as described here [1]:
> >
> > [sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] >rm /targets/FREMANTLE_X86/opt
> > [sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] >mkdir /targets/FREMANTLE_X86/opt
> >
> > but, still:
> >
> > [sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > v /opt
> > lrwxrwxrwx  1 cthulhu cthulhu 9 Oct  6 16:46 /opt -> /home/opt
> >
> > and, of course, /home/opt doesn't exist.
> >
> > Can someone point me to what I'm doing wrong here? Or is there some
> > workaround?
> >

> Have you tried to install your optified packages after you created
> /opt directory inside your target?
> Did dpkg fail with the same output?
>

> --
> BR,
> Ed

The output from dpkg is exactly the same.
What do you mean by "Have you tried to install your optified packages after
you created
/opt directory inside your target?" ?
I have:

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > v /targets/links/opt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 cthulhu cthulhu 26 Oct  7 15:26 /targets/links/opt ->
/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/opt

and:

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > v /targets/FREMANTLE_X86
total 76
[...]
drwxrwxr-x   2 cthulhu cthulhu 4096 Oct  7 15:04 opt
[..]

but:

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~] > v /opt
lrwxrwxrwx  1 cthulhu cthulhu 9 Oct  6 16:46 /opt -> /home/opt

Luca Donaggio