Hi everyone,

I am having a hell of a time trying to get an GtkIconView working correctly
with the pannable area widget. Using hildon.GtkIconView I am able to pan by
using the scrollwheel on my mouse, but if i click anywhere to start panning,
it immediately activates whatever was clicked on. gtk.IconView does pretty
much exactly the same thing. Removing the connect function obviously allows
you to pan freely.

Code is as follows (I've left in various settings etc for completeness'
sake):
------------
pan_area = hildon.PannableArea()
model = gtk.ListStore(str, gtk.gdk.Pixbuf)

for item in xmlf:
    thumbnail_data = gtk.gdk.pixbuf_new_from_file(
cache_path_thumbs + item["filename"])
    model.append([str(item['name']), thumbnail_data])

grid = hildon.GtkIconView(gtk.HILDON_UI_MODE_NORMAL, model)
grid.set_selection_mode(gtk.SELECTION_SINGLE)
grid.set_pixbuf_column(1)
grid.set_columns(4)
grid.set_item_width(190)
grid.set_spacing(thumbnail_spacing)
grid.connect('selection-changed', self.thumbnailSelect, model, window)
pan_area.add_with_viewport(grid)

Points of note: I'm using the Vmware SDK. I know that has a few bugs so
maybe this is one of them. As mentioned, the scrollwheel does pan the area,
so pannable area is working as intended.

Does anyone have any ideas? this is a pretty critical issue and I don't know
of anyone else who's managed to get this working.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!