Hi,

why are you all so keen to get stuff into extras? I have thrown
away lots of thumbs-up with all the gpxview updates i did. But
i have stopped to care. Some guys having given thumbs down never checked
the new versions nor commented if the new version solved their
issues. So in fact most people just seem to give thumbs
down for karma, not to improve those applications.

Thus i have decided to play their game by clicking on "promote"
every now or then, but not to care about the result (that's why
osm2go actually got 15 thumbs up ... i just never checked if it
was ready to go into extras).

So my advise: Play the game the way they want you to, but ignore
the results. It may be too frustrating to fix things due to user feedback, throw
away the thumbs up and then see that these testers actually never
come back to see if you've improved things.

Be happy ... things could be worse. They might e.g. reduce a developers
karma for every thumbs-down one of his apps gets. Or do they?

Till