Everyone knows that OpenGL (Accelerated 3D) performance in Xephyr (on
the host PC) is bad, so you only see the smooth Maemo effects when
running on an actual device. But nobody I ask seems to know _why_. It's
maybe only a problem on Intel graphics hardware, but again, nobody I ask
knows why.

I wonder if it's related to specific effects that Maemo uses, because
the simple glxgears demo (in the mesa tarball) happily gets me around
1500 fps, or around 700fps using the -fullscreen option.

Can someone enlighten me, ideally with bug report URLs?

--
murr...@murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com