On Tuesday 02 February 2010 23:04:57 you wrote:
> ext Jeff Moe <m...@blagblagblag.org> writes:
> > * 10,220 Source packages processed.
> > *  6,451 .debs produced.
>
> This means there were a lot of build failures (as could be expected).
>
> Mining the failures would be interesting, too.  I suppose a lot are due
> to missing build dependencies, but some have probably failed in more
> interesting ways.
>
> Do you have the build logs online as well?

Yes, from
http://obra.freemoe.org/freemoe-etch/3/3dchess/root.log
http://obra.freemoe.org/freemoe-etch/z/zziplib/build.log

> > * I could batch import packages that don't already exist in
> >   extras-devel. I think this would be rad.
>
> You should probably also exclude packages that already exist in the
> SSU and SDK repositories, just to avoid confusion.

Yes, I was thinking of running a few checks across the package before
submitting it, such as:

* In extras* ?

* Depends: are ok?  Just because the Build-Depends: were there doesn't mean the
Depends: are there.

* Isn't ridiculously huge? etc. Suggestions welcome.

Future options include:

* Building with faster flags (neon etc).

* Automatically adding icon + Section: if is GUI app.

* Rebuilding against itself (2nd and multiple passes). This will build yet many
more packages since so many more libfoo-* have been built.

* Lenny? Sid?

* http://wiki.maemo.org/User:Jebba/Etch

As a side note, this build was done on a server at netdepot.com. They
graciously bumped the RAM about 25% of the way into the build...

For the future(tm), I have created Amazon Machine Instances of the build server
(SDK + sbdmock) for use on Amazon's "Elastic Compute Cloud" (EC2). Using these,
innumerable virtual machines can be launched in Amazon's most excellent network
and set to work building packages. Rent by the hour, then turn the thing off. :)
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/

-Jeff