On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 09:50 +0100, ext ibrahim wrote:
> hello there ;
>
> I was wondering how to make a splash screen for my application using Qt,
> I found this link :
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Qt4_Hildon#QSplashScreen_not_fully_compatible_with_Hildon-Desktop
>

> telling that it is not compitable with maemo, So, it tried many
> workarounds (like creating a fullscreen window above my main window, and
> then hiding it after a while, But it blinks when it hide and the main
> view of my application is shown minimized when spalsh screen disappears.
> Also tried to make my  main view window's central widget to be a splash
> screen widget and after a while i replace it with the original  central
> widget of the main view But it failed too)
>
> So, I wonder if you have any other way/Maemo API to allow a splash
> screen to be properly shown .

You need to set a window property that tells HD to skip the transitions:

static void set_no_transitions (Display *dpy, Window w)
{
  Atom no_trans;
  int one = 1;
  no_trans = XInternAtom (dpy, "_HILDON_WM_ACTION_NO_TRANSITIONS", False);
  XChangeProperty (dpy, w, no_trans,
                   XA_CARDINAL, 32, PropModeReplace,
                   (unsigned char *)&one, 1);
}