About this discussion. Personally I think that working on Qt instead of Java is a very good choice. It is less portable, but much more efficient.

Regards,

A. Cano

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:01:43 +0100
From: Kees Jongenburger <kees.jongenbur...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: MeeGo
To: Carlos Morgado <cchhb...@gmail.com>
Cc: maemo-developers@maemo.org

Hi Carlos,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 11:49 PM, Carlos Morgado <cchhb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Honestly, I'll won't even bother with MeeGo 'till I see products and a
decent roadmap. Meanwhile Nokia must just change it's mind, buy some GUI
toolkit in Java and decide that's the way to go, go back to Symbian or just
fold. Nobody knows.

I disagree on most you say but do not on the Java part. Java would
IMHO given enough security, portability and ease of development in a
way that doesn't cost to much effort. the Current Maemo will already
be very hard to scale down(cost of hardware) that that is what you
need if you want to sell many devices.

Greetings

------------------------------

Message: 2
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:01 PM, Kees Jongenburger
I disagree on most you say but do not on the Java part. Java would
IMHO given enough security, portability and ease of development in a
way that doesn't cost to much effort. the Current Maemo will already
be very hard to scale down(cost of hardware) that that is what you
need if you want to sell many devices.

So we would make it run better on low-powered devices by slapping a
virtual machine in between? Intuitively, that doesn't feel quite
right.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio