Hi Carol,
good idea, an index is not bad, but what about starting with a website
index? www.yacy.net
it allows to search for webpages in a browser,
a mameo compatible browser is http://dooble.sf.net
Maybe you want to compile it?
as it has a file explorer integrated, you do not need a new indexer,
as they want launchy.sf.net in the desktop, that is the indexer you
can look for?
Regards