On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 22:26 +0200, ext maemo.me...@spamgourmet.com
wrote:
> OK, it's the run-standalone.sh thing.  I remember now, that was a
> constant irritation when I was trying to fix bugs in Modest.  I never
> fully understood it.  Is that thing documented anywhere, is there any
> in-depth discussion of why it's necessary and how to use it?  It really
> makes every step in the development process very painful.

libosso connects to both D-Bus daemons: the system and session bus.
run-standalone.sh just defines the environment variable so that it knows
how to connect to the D-Bus session bus (there could be many of them).
You don't need that script when you develop in the device (environment
is defined there at login time).  Just ask if you have questions, I
happen to know something about the horrible libosso :)

-Kimmo