Hi,

ext h...@mail.sandklef.com wrote:
Can't install it:(

dpkg --install xnee_3.02-2maemo2_all.deb
Selecting previously deselected package xnee.
(Reading database ... 52579 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking xnee (from xnee_3.02-2maemo2_all.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of xnee:
 xnee depends on cnee | gnee; however:
  Package cnee is not installed.
  Package gnee is not installed.
dpkg: error processing xnee (--install):
 xnee

If you use dpkg you (of course) need to install also the package
dependencies.  Apt pulls the deps too.

When I do:
   dpkg -x xnee_3.02-2maemo2_all.deb .

all I see is some docs

It's a virtual package depending on the actual binary implementation
package.

/hesa

Hi,

ext Henrik Sandklef wrote:
  just compiled and tested GNU Xnee* on Maemo. Replaying key/mouse
events (Key Press/Release, Motion, Button Press/Release) worked fine.
When it comes to recording I don't get any data although RECORD
extension is there in the X server.

  Does anyone know if there's anything strange with RECORD extension in
Maemo's X server?

There have been known issues also with upstream X server in this
respect.  See the freedesktop.org bugzilla.

I don't remember in which versions of X they were fixed (and there
were some workarounds for Xnee too I think).

/hesa

SW info:
Xnee:  3.06 (tweaked for Maemo)
X:      Nokia / 10699001
N900: 10.2010.19-1
Is there some problem with the current xnee/cnee packages already
in Maemo:
        http://maemo.org/packages/view/xnee/
        http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/devtools/maemo5/xnee
?