Are we using arm's VFP?

That would speed things up tremendously.

Pedro.

-----Original Message-----
From: maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org
[mailto:maemo-developers-boun...@maemo.org] On Behalf Of ext Eero Tamminen
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2010 11:15
To: Maemo Mailing List
Subject: Re: Performance of floating point instructions

Hi,

(I resurrected this old thread because there was on meego-dev
mailing list a comment about possibility for RunFast float mode
being enabled by default on MeeGo...)

ext Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> Eero Tamminen wrote:
>> Hamalainen Kimmo (Nokia-D/Helsinki) wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 12:57 +0100, ext Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>> Not the libosso osso_fpu_set_mode() function?
>
> I can't find this in libosso.h. :-(

It's defined in osso-fpu.h (since summer 2009):
http://maemo.gitorious.org/fremantle-hildon-desktop/libosso/blobs/master/src/osso-fpu.h

If somebody's using a lot of floats (RunFast mode affects only floats)
and they're a bottleneck, it would be interesting to know how much this
(setting the RunFast mode at program start) helps.

        - Eero