I haven't yet tried the 2006 release (as I am waiting for VNC to be ported), so I cannot directly answer this question for myself - are subfolders now supported in the IMAP side of the mail client?

Rant
{
I know that this feature was requested multiple times on the Maemo bugzilla but each time they were poo-pooed and closed with a dismissive FUTURE.

Well, IT2006 is the future, and for a mail client which otherwise supports IMAP to NOT support subfolders is insane. I know that I cannot use it for my needs - I have procmail sorting my incoming mail into subfolders, and if the mail client cannot see anything other than INBOX is it useless to me. I had to set up a webmail gateway just so I could see my mail.
}

So, does the new client support folders?