Hello,

I am preparing to replace my cell phone (on the verizon network, hence the US-specific question).

I wish to use the phone to serve as a modem with my Nokia 770, using bluetooth as the link between the two devices. I have done this successfully in the past, however, not with any of the phones that are now available to me as choices.

The choices I have for phones are based on this URL:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/compare.php?id%5B%5D=905&id%5B%5D=980&id%5B%5D=704&id%5B%5D=953&id%5B%5D=950

which yields these choices:

LG VX-8300
LG VX-8500
LG VX-9800
Motorola RAZR V3m
Samsung SCH-A990

It appears all five of these offer DUN (dial-up networking) profile on Bluetooth, along with Verizon's 1xEVDO (high speed data) network service.

My question is this - have you had any experience integrating any of these five phones with the Nokia 770 for wireless wide-area Internet access, or do you know of any resource that could help me pre-confirm interoperability? I am asking this question because the carrier (Verizon Wireless) offered data integration kit only pertains to Windows computers, and in fact I will need to do the integration manually (figuring out the AT DT type dialing information and such) and won't be able to get vendor support.

Very thanks for any advice,

Dave

[EMAIL PROTECTED]