When I bought a 2 Gig MMC, I was noticing the 770 already on with the cover on and with the supplied 64M memory card. When I upgraded to the 2 Gig, the Nokia 770 had to be reflashed back to IT2006.7 (newest image is .8) with the 2 Gig additions.

First, I did not have to reinstall my applications. Secondly, the Nokia worked with better stability and without the periods of being on in its cover. I believe that the 64M card does not seat properly in the pocket and because of this, the card kept the Nokia busy as it was seeing the card being installed and uninstalled.

I thought best for those interested. BTW, I am using a Kingston 2 Gig now and am quite happy with it.

Adam in NYC