Mike Klein wrote:

thanks - guess I need to make the call then.  I was hoping there was
some sort of fix we could run from a computer....

Doesn't Nokia provide a means of re-flashing the device? Or do you need
SDK installed for this?

There is a means of reflashing the device, it does not require the SDK installed, but the problem described is a hardware failure that has no end user solution. A number of folks have reported such screen failures, which are often misdiagnosed as software failures because they are prone to happen during reboots which often happen after software changes.

Send the device in for service or replace it.

Thanks,
Mike