From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Marius Gedminas
Sent: Wed 1/24/2007 10:23 AM
To: maemo-users@maemo.org
Subject: Re: [maemo-users] Python installation failure on N800

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:00:51AM -0800, Mike Klein wrote:
> Robson, Alan wrote:
> > I tried to install python 2.5 for OS2007 via the maemo website but my
> > N800 tells me that it is unable to install because some packages
> > required for the installation are missing.
> >
> > libglade2-0(>=1.2.3.6)
> > libsdl-ttf2.0-0
> > libsdl-ttf2.0-0   (yes, that really does appear twice !)
> > libgdbm3
>
> Google on "red pill" mode for nokia device and enable it. This will give
> you access to extra pkgs not for joe-consumer.

Red-pill mode is irrelevant when the application installer looks for
dependencies.

I think it is a bad idea to have the red-pill mode enabled all the time.
You may decide to upgrade some system package (e.g. maemo-launcher) and
as a result make the system unbootable.

Marius Gedminas
--
In order to get a loan you must first prove you don't need it.