Just as magnatune on audio, there is a lot of non-drm content out
there. I am not a fan of reading books online but my sister is, and I
know she either buys or download from open libraries around the
internet where she is able to find from novels to regular books.

In the old days I remember Fservers in IRC use to host tons of books
on any topic. AFAIK they were al on PDF format if not on HTML or PS
format.

Lulu.com also do a lot of digital material that also afaik is not
digitally protected.

On 1/26/07, Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 11:07:52AM -0500, Jonathan Greene wrote:
> Clearly I've touched a nerve here - I hate DRM as well guys...
>
> I just want to be able to use my Tablet to read more than web, email
> and RSS.  Classic public domain works of literature and the Hacker
> Crackdown are not doing it for me.

http://webscription.net sells non-DRMed books in free formats.  There's
also Baen Free Library where you can get free non-DRMed books (many of
those are first books in a series, so if you get hooked up, you'll buy
the rest).

When you buy DRM, you get what you deserve.

Marius Gedminas
--
Stupidity management for the superuser is a user space issue in Unix
systems.

Kahlil Johnson
"Ya tengo GMAIL!!"