I've tried to install that advanced busybox, but not been able.

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Mike Lococo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Para: maemo-users@maemo.org
Enviados: sáb, 27 de ene de 2007 02:29:44 CET
Asunto: Re: [maemo-users] Usage
> To me my 770 is a laptop replacement.
> However I get the feeling most here see it as either a PDA (like a palm) or
> as a multimedia device (ala windows mobile or an iPhone).

It's good for all those things, but there are more people that listen to
music or use a calendar than that run multiple data centers ;).  I use
mine for all of the above, and when asked what the device is I tell them
"it's like an ultralight laptop, among other things".

> For me the #1 app is osso-xterm and what I miss the most is ping.

Miss it no more... there is a busybox replacement with ping integrated,
and an fping package listed on the wiki Application Catalog.  Have you
tried them?

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog2006

Thanks,
Mike