All,

anyone who has worked with PDA's for a while is probably aware of the outstanding application from Soti Software, called Soti Pocket Controller (SPC). SPC allows the PDA to be controlled from a computer desktop by means of an "emulator" image of the device that is rendered on the PC display monitor and which accepts mouse clicks and keyboard keys in lieu of the stylus. I uses this product extensively and it is somewhat analogous to having a VNC/RDP capability for the PDA except that a number of additional capabilities are provided (e.g. soft reset/file explore, desktop file sync, etc.). With this tool, I can easily send long SMS text messages without suffering from "stylus fatigue".

what I was wondering is if anyone is working on a similar tool/capability for the N770/N800 that will run on either a Linux or a Windows desktop OS?
--

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
serving the digital home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and emerging carrier markets

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

backup email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]