I think the 770/800 ARE pdas (in pocket pc form factor). A pda is a
pocketable (generally) computer. The term PDA could also apply to umpc
possibly.

>From wikipedia...

Personal digital assistant
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_digital_assistant>, an electronic
device which can include some of the functionality of a computer, /a
cellphone/, a music player and a camera

Also from wikipedia:

The *Ultra-Mobile PC* (abbreviated *UMPC*), previously known by its
codename *Project Origami*, is a specification for a small form factor
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_factor> tablet PC
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_PC>.

I consider the PepperPad3 and Samung Q1 umpcs.

I generally categorize devices not by PIM/pda terms...but by their size
("pocket pc", "umpc"). I consider the "blown out" digital phones to be
merely pocket pc's but with cellular capability. The term "smartphone"
has been applied to this.

mike