Or let them figure out that buttons on both sides (with key customization in control panel) are useful for all. And that will make both righties and lefties very happy!

Continued expansion of the form factor makes me very unhappy. I wish they'd have left the stereo speakers off the N800 and tightened up the form factor, and redundant buttons would make me very sad.

I'm a lefty and I haven't quite figured out why this bothers everyone else and not me. Maybe it's that there are few functions that the buttons provide that don't have strong alternatives within the touchscreen interface, maybe I just have a higher tolerance for inconvenience than your average southpaw.

As far as proposed solutions, I think elegant symmetrical hardware design that allows full access in right-handed or left-handed modes would be fantastic for the next hardware iteration. I frown on any proposed solution that expands the form-factor, though.

Thanks,
Mike