I don't have here some command example, but you should easily find
your way using gconftool man pages.

Anyway, seems like you need to disconnect / reconnect to actually
change the power value

Be also aware that the last time i tried to use gconftool to change
wifi power, i came to the conclusion that you should only put the
gconf parameters to 4 (10mW) or 8 (100mW).
Else you won't be able to reconnect (teh connexion will die
unexpectedly, without clear explanation)

regards,

Lionel

On 26/02/07, Damien Challet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Monday 26 February 2007 09:22, Kalle Valo wrote:
> "Damien Challet" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > Is there a simpler way than clicking at least 5 times in connexion
> > configuration to change the power of wifi from 0.1W to 0.01W?
> >
> > A gconf setting, for instance?
>
> The UI just changes the gconf setting, which is:
>
> /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/wlan_tx_power

Thank you for your quick answer.

I am not familiar with gconf. What would be the shell command to change its
value?

Many thanks

Damien