Hi,

ext Laurent GUERBY wrote:

>> [...]
>>
>>> Seems that at some point dnsmasq has caused device reboot by
>>> dying too many times (10) in a row.
>> Dnsmasq seem to have these strange crashes occasionally and we have
>> been trying fix that to no avail. If anyone can provide more
>> information about the crash, please share it us.
>
> Is there a way to enable core dumps for selected applications?
> If so that may be a solution.

You can enable them for all applications by creating a "core-dumps"
directory to the external MMC.

Unfortunately the cards are mounted with "user" user, so processes
like "dsnmasq" which are run as user "nobody" cannot dump core to
the MMC unless you re-mount it so that everybody can write there
(and even then you don't always get core dumps from segfaulted
processes for some reason).

> Even better: add a "debug" record flag and directory in the control
> panel, the user can choose to activate the record flag (deactivated by
> default of course), the tool gets a "debug config" file from a secure
> Nokia server and the N800 dumps information according to the debug
> config into the report directory choosen by the user. The user has then
> the option to upload crash and various report of this directory to Nokia
> using the same tool.

If you get core dumps, please attach them to bugzilla. I think it has
some fairly low limit on attachment sizes though.

        - Eero