I found the manual in my own exploration of the device and was
surprised it was not more actively promoted anywhere since the box
only included a quickstart guide and no printed material of detail.  I
missed it was there when I had the 770...

http://www.maemoapps.com/2007/03/12/the-basics-the-user-guide/

> > so if you do not carry your manual with you ;)
>
> You do, unless you have deleted it from the Documents folder.
>

> > oh come on ... surely you aren't expecting me to read the actual
> manual
>
> Only reading once the index would help any new tablet user a lot.
> Really.
>
> 1 extra minut for someone like you would save >1000 subscribers from
> having to deal with basic questions answered in plain English (+ a dozen
> of other languages) in your own tablet.
>
> Think about it.  :)
>
> Quim

Jonathan Greene