Why not just deactivate the wireless and then stop the scan and
connect automatically for the flight?

Check the connectivity settings in Tools / Connection Manager.  You
can then use Bluetooth without issue and it should be fine on a
plane... plenty of people are using the N800 / Keyboard combo as it
fits nicely on the tray table compared to a full laptop.

> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 12:32:05PM -0400, James Knott wrote:
> > Alan Williamson wrote:
> > > Afternoon happy N800'ers!
> > >
> > > I will be conducting an experiment.  I will be travelling from the UK to
> > > San Francisco, and then back via Dallas, and instead of carrying my
> > > laptop, i am going to be armed with just my N800 and a bluetooth keyboard.
>
> Are you planning to use the keyboard on the plane?  Will they allow
> bluetooth wireless?  Is this the point of the experiment?
>

> > > I have loaded up my 2GB card with tunes, audio books, pics of the kids.
> > >   I have VNC all configured and SSH.  SOOOOO there should be no stopping
> > > me eh?
> > >
> > > While i am on the place, is there a way for me to kill the wireless
> > > completely?   This would ensure i don't get hassle from the air
> > > hostesses but also to save as much battery for the flight as possible.
> > >
> > > Any advice?  Am i mad trying this, or should i just take my laptop as a
> > > backup?  :)
> > >

> > There's a off line option, which turns off all wireless, including
> > bluetooth.  Just press the power button to bring up the list to select.
>
> Thus losing the keyboard.
> Isn't there any way to connect a keyboard using (gasp) wires?
>
> -- hendrik
>

> > --
> > Use OpenOffice.org <http://www.openoffice.org>

Jonathan Greene