On 25/06/07, Klaasjan Brand <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 6/25/07, Michael Thompson < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >     Bit surprised to see that Windows may be needed to change the maps
> > loaded onto the Memory card? Anyone found a way around that?
>

> I don't know for sure (it's been a while since I last looked on my Navicore
> DVD)>, but aren't the maps in the same format on the DVD as they are on the
> MMC >card? In that case the windows tool is just a front-end for the file
> copy action, snip

 On the DVD the maps are stored as cab files and on the MMC card these
maps seem to be dirs. Turns out you can use cabextract -d /tmp
Italy.cab and then copy to mapdata_Italy on the card. Seems the
current region is called just mapdata.

Trying to use  update.navicore.com requires you to download a windows binary :(