The article below mentions discussion of Sprint's WiMAX N800 "on the
Maemo mailing list and other places" but I've not seen it here on
'users.' Has this been discussed already or have I been asleep at the
wheel? Either way it's exciting news for users here in the States.
Perhaps this will encourage some non-US 3G carriers to work with Nokia
as well.

-Gary

"At the LinuxWorld conference in San Francisco this week, /LinuxDevices/
spoke with Dr. Ari Jaaksi, Nokia's director of open source. ... Jaaksi
said the WiMAX-enabled N800 would 'most probably' include WiFi and
Bluetooth as well. He felt that interference problems could be
minimized, noting, 'We had the same interference with Bluetooth and WiFi
initially, but we solved that.' ... He said the new device would likely
get more publicity during the process of FCC approval. However, he
declined to announce any timeframe for when that might happen, in
deference to Sprint. Jaaksi declined to say whose WiMAX chip will go
into the planned device. Noting that the WiMAX specifications continue
to evolve, he said he believed the device would support Mobile WiMAX
initially, with support for additional WiMAX variants to follow. ...
Asked whether Nokia might also consider adding a cellular radio chip to
its Linux-based Internet tablet in the future, Jaaksi replied, 'It's
more a business model than a technology barrier.'"