Hi,

Recently, I have this problem too. This is because, canola's installation
was no successfully finished . This happen in the installation of
avahi-daemon (canola dependency), because he try to access /etc/shadow file,
but is not present in the n800 device. To solve this I used xterm to create
a /etc/shadow file based on /etc/passwd (see shadow file in any linux
distribution, for details) . After  creation of /etc/shadow file, you can
use the command apt-get install -f, to fix canola's installation.

Good luck,
José Luís

On 9/6/07, Steve Yelvington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there some magic to making Canola actually find local media? Using
> the Web-based configurator, I have /media/mmc1 and /media/mmc2 in the
> Media Library. There are several gigs of MP3 files in folders on mmc1,
> and I've rescanned until I'm blue in the face, but Canola still can't do
> anything but sit there and tell me "No items found" when I select "Audio
> Library."

José Luís do Nascimento
Mestrando em Engenharia Elétrica
Laboratório de Sistemas Embarcados e Computação Pervasiva
Universidade Federal de Campina Grande - UFCG
jluisn at dee.ufcg.edu.br