"ext Michael Stepanov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> You have to provide more information. What's your Access Point and
>> it's settings? How often does the problem appear? Also please be more
>> precise, "not accessible" doesn't tell that much.
>
> I have DLink DI-524 Wireless Router.

Sounds like an older AP to me.

> There is only one WiFi enabled device - Nokia770. When I said 'not
> accessible' I meaned that I cannot even ping it during some time.
> But the connection manager shows that WiFi signal is good. That
> happens very often but randomly. I'll be very appreciated if you can
> tell me a way how to trace it. Is there possibility to switch on
> logging system on Nokia770?

The best way to check this is with a wireless sniffer and analyse WLAN
packets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_sniffer

But you have to be familiar with WLAN protocol. Alternatively you can
upload the capture to a webserver, send the link to this mailing list
and I can take a look.

(I don't generally give private support, I only answer questions in
public mailing lists.)

>> My first guess would be that your Access Point does not support WLAN
>> Power Save Mode properly. 770 uses Power Save Mode and it's not widely
>> used yet. Especially the older APs seem to be more buggy than the
>> newer ones.
>
> Is it possible to switch off WLAN Power Save Mode?

There's no easy solution with 770, sorry. And besides, if you disable
WLAN Power Save Mode the battery will run out within few hours.

I would recommend trying with another AP first. Most of the APs
support WLAN Power Save Mode properly.

--
Kalle Valo