> I'll play with powerlaunch.conf in a bit, but asking just for the sake
> of more discussion in the list: would it work with overlapping
> profiles? ie. one power key press toggles softpoweroff, but one
> powerkeypress immediately followed by (ie. in 1500 msecs) another
> action does something else?

    I've added simple timer support to powerlaunch and uploaded a new
    version at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/powerlaunch/
    It now has a decent imitation of the touchscreen/keypad lock
    mode where the power/select key combination have to be followed
    within short time of each other.

    Overlapping profiles, as you put it, should now also be
    possible. In the default example config, if you press
    power,right,select, you'll be put into a mode where pushing the up
    button does something different depending on whether it's pushed
    in < 1 second, between 1 and 2 seconds, or > 2 seconds.