Jonathan, glad you like my idea.

Hopefully we can get some developer to like it too. :-)

Yes, the Route Finder Service would be available through an API (via
dbus) to all the system, but it would not be dependent on a GPS.

My thought was that it would be possible to supply the service with a
source and a destination address and have respond with a route and
information about the route, for instance the estimated time. The Route
Finder Service could then ask Google (or some other web-service) OR the
GPS to calculate the route.

/Lars

--
Lars Persson Fink hem: 08 722 42 15