The only gotcha's I'm finding are,

1.  xterm is kinda borked.  You can only change background color via
the gui now and they moved the "text buttons"  from the right to the
bottom which means that if you are using the keyboard and editing a
file it's barely usable in that 60% of the screen is now taken up by
something other than the term window.

2.  There are a lot of programs that are in the repositories but can't
install due to missing libs.  Still tracking down the repository
chain of events.... (for example vncviewer, rdesktop etc)

Still working my way through all of this so that I can be sure that a
bug is a bug before filing.

James