Frantisek Dufka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Luckily 2.6.21 already has kexec for ARM merged so in theory and with
> some tweaks (kexec for generic ARM does not mean it works on OMAP2) it
> may be possible to boot older kernel from newer one without flashing via
> kexec mechanism.

    I actually had been looking at back-porting kexec into the 2.6.18
    kernel. But I just recompiled 2.6.21 with kexec on and patched
    kexec-tools with arm patches and it does not work for me (the
    screen just goes blank and eventually the whole device
    reboots). kexec seems to be really quite simple (code-wise) and so
    I can't imagine it being that difficult to figure out for someone
    with a clue about omap.