You don't have to use OSX Mail.app... I only open it on rare occasion
to archive from Gmail.  I can do mailto with the google notifier (menu
bar).

I'd like to kill / not use the built in mail app as well.  I thought I
recall a post from Quim here that said the mail app will be
replaceable in the same way that the microb browser was released
within OS2007.

On Dec 11, 2007 10:11 PM, Steve Yelvington <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  >> - modest will *not* replace the official e-mail program
>
> I would very much like to ditch the official email program in every
> possible way. Can it be uninstalled? I'm willing to edit files in order
> to do so.
>
> One of my biggest complaints against OSX is the inability to rid one's
> self of the truly awful standard Apple email program. Nokia/Maemo should
> not make the same mistake.

Jonathan Greene
+1.914.750.8740
AIM / iChat - atmasphere