Tim Ashman wrote:
> While I think the new n810 unit is a nice one I have one problem, the auto
> dimmer.  I am left handed so anytime I'm using the unit the palm of my hand
> shades the light and as I move my hand around the display dims, then undims
> constantly.
>
> I've looked for a way to turn off this feature but haven't found it yet.
> Does
> anyone know of a hack I can use to disable this feature.
>
> thanks
>
> tim

Good question.
I'm right-handed, so I use the left to hold the unit.
That invariably puts my thumb over the sensor.
Irritating.

As much as I like my 810, whoever designed the hardware layout (button
sizes, d-pad on keyboard, etc.) needs to be taken into a dark alley and
beaten.

The 770 had a much more user-friendly design.