"ext [EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

> I've been trying to connect to my office wifi network but it is not
> working. Would someone, please, give me a clue to what may be
> happening?
>
> Here is a description of the problem:
>
> The network APs (CISCO) are configured to answer to a PEAP MSCHAPv2
> access request. I configured wpa_supplicant on my linux laptop and it
> works. On the N810, it detects the network, starts the access proccess,
> but then asks for the WEP key (I have no other key besides the
> password).

[...]

> Here is the wpa_supplicant.conf file on the linux laptop:
>
> network={
>        ssid="Biotempo"
>        scan_ssid=1
>        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
>        eap=PEAP
>        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
>        identity="Biotempo"
>        password="XXXXXXXXXXXXX"
> }

The wpa_supplicant configuration was really helpful and I could
immeaditely see the problem. The network uses IEEE 802.1x
authentication with dynamic WEP keys. I'm really sorry to tell you
that it's not supported by N800/N810. If the network used TKIP or AES
as encryption method, N800/N810 would support that out of the box.

--
Kalle Valo