Clearwire has offered voip for the broadband wireless service around
here for almost a year in our area (Seattle, WA USA).  I think our area
has been part of their beta test.

   Bandwidth seems to be a modest problem in our local experience
because Clearwire wireless broadband is a popular option in our semi
rural area where cable and DSL have spotty availability, at best.  It's
possible that there's only one local hot spot for Clearwire Wireless
with lots of folks logging into the system.  We seem to have an
'evening' traffic jam almost daily until 10 pm.  Possibly some sort of
Warcraft/XBox Live overload -- when the kids in the are go to bed, the
bandwidth seems to increase markedly.

  We tried the voip with Clearwire Wireless early last year when they
first opened up to voip -- it was marginal at times. I still
occasionally use my n800 to make calls from my home via Gizmo.  It works
fine, when the bandwidth is good.

  It's all undoubtably something that is being constantly dealt with by
some local technology/bandwidth upgrades by Clearwire.  In general,
we've been happy with Clearwire Wireless.  You can also take the modem
with you and get Clearwire wireless broadband anywhere it's available.
You're not limited to any particular address.