I'm using a n800 with the factory-installed OS.

Does the Contacts application really provide no way to enter a street
address, that is, a regular postal mailing address, the plain old
physical-letter-in-a-physical-envelope-with-a-stamp-on-it kind of address?
 People still do need to write letters on paper sometimes.

When I select contact->New Contact I get to provide First Name, Last Name,
Nickname, E-mail, and Jabber.  For a while I was astounded that there
was no provision for a phone number.  But then I discovered I could also
choose Add Field  and get to provide E-mail (again?) Phone,
Web Address, and Jabber (again?).

But no plain old old-fashioned address.  I don't even need to
formally split into street names and numbers, etc.
Just a plain old multi-line text field would do (Unicode or UTF-8
preferred, of course).

-- hendrik