On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 11:56:56PM +0200, Dave Neary wrote:

> * Correcting the content, if it's old or inappropriate

I'd like to make a request for specific up-to-date content.

I have tried several times to install scratchbox and other soeftware for
maemo development on my Debian system, and have not succeeded.  There
seem to be instructions and relevant repositories secreted in carious
places on the web.  However, when following perfectly reasonable-looking
instructions, I keep finding that they don't work as described --
usually because the relevant repositories have desappeared.

I'd like to request an up-to-date page on installing the development
environment in a way that's compatible with responsible system
administration on Debian.  Even the Nokia's script that says it uses the
Debian packaging system and claims to write only to a specific (new)
top-level file system does, in fact, write elsewhere.

Finally, debian lenny now has a package called scratchbox2.  The
instructions I've seen all use variations on scratchbox 1.*.  Is that a
sign the instructions are obsolete?  Or is scratchbox2 really a very
different thing?

-- hendrik